Air nailer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy buy a air nailer, not sure which to buy, nailer/stapler, finish nailer or to buy seperate guns, I will be using it to fix architrave and trim, any recommendations???

Sponsored Links
its all price depentant,are you looking for a nailer thats run off of a compressor?if so they do sometimes have a complete kit for sale in 1 of the sheds,ive got 1 of these kits and its pretty good all in all,but i also have 1 of those dewalt finish nailers that are brillient,choice is all yours.

If your budget will allow, I really would reccoment a cordless gas nailer.

Fantastic bit of kit.

Sponsored Links
I am looking to buy buy a air nailer, not sure which to buy, nailer/stapler, finish nailer or to buy seperate guns, I will be using it to fix architrave and trim, any recommendations???

to answer your question - it depends on what length nail you want to fire. A brad nailer will fire 18g brads from 15 to 50 mm , the 2in1 will do the same plus staples up to 35mm. A second fix nailer will fire 16g (lot thicker) nails from 32 to 63mm . For arcs etc i would think that a 2nd fix would be the better bet
As for the debate of wether to go for gas or pneumatic both have their plus points
the gas nailer is very convient to use as you arnt dragging a compressor around after you - and thats the only advantage
a pneumatic nailer is faster ,more powerful , more reliable , doesnt really require servicing and the nails are a fraction of the price .
the choice is yours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back