Air noises in radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted before about a problem I had. Basically one of our radiators had rusted through in the middle at the top.

I had been getting air in just one radiator (the bathroom radiator which was 10cm taller than any other radiator upstairs so was the highest radiator).

I have replaced the affected radiator and at the moment I am doing the bathroom so the radiator in the bathroom is currently not fitted and will be replaced with a much taller towel radiator. (The towel rad is ready to fit any day now)

When I replaced the rusted rad, I drained the system down and flushed it through a couple of times. I then filled the system and put cleaner in it. This has been in for a couple of weeks now. However we have been getting air noises upstairs. You can here air running through the radiators in most rooms upstairs. I can get a small amount of air out of each rad each time I bleed them but not much. We never used to get this air noise - you can literally hear it pass from one end to the other then disappear out.

Now is this due to the upstairs rads now all being the same height and this is just the air that the bathroom rad would have collected?

Should I be concerned after a couple of weeks that it is still doing it?

Will the inhibitor hopefully stop it? Should I proceed with draining the system fully, flushing through then adding the inhibitor? Or should I be looking for a fault.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back