air source, solid fuel, solar combination?

I am always suspicious of anyone who installs solar systems.

I always advise customers that they have no payback timescale so are nor justifiable fincially. A very few would still proceed because they dont mind paying for a green solution. 90% are only expecting to save money and have read all the scam advertising.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Because he can kindle a fire with 1 sheet of newspaper doesn't mean his advise on connecting solid fuel to unvented can be followed

It's half a sheet actually and my advice relating to the subject is based on experience. Is yours? I doubt it.
Like many of the inexperienced they hide behind rules and regulations to cover up for their lack of knowledge.

Oh yes I forgot you have what was it? ohh yes 40 years experience.
1 year multiplied by 40 that is!

Sponsored Links
I am always suspicious of anyone who installs solar systems.

I always advise customers that they have no payback timescale so are nor justifiable fincially. A very few would still proceed because they dont mind paying for a green solution. 90% are only expecting to save money and have read all the scam advertising.

Tony

:rolleyes:

So there is no way of using solid fuel to heat an unvented?
I'll have to remember to remember that one.

G3 says you can't directly connect solid fuel,but dunsley to name but one have therefore said well you can indirectly,but to be on the safe side well add safety measures,so boil to drain,anti boil stats,open to heat dump systems are added just the same as the spring return valve does for gas and you still have your 2 levels with the cylinder.

As for solar breaking their own rules,not at all they work
the same as any solid fuel connection device.If the temp gets to high the solar station stops supply to the cylinder,stagnation occurs and if the panel temp gets uncontrolled it will discharge.

It can,will,and is certainly above board to connect sf to uv as long as you use the correct products.

If you;re "pulling" from a heat source on a gravity or sealed system and you lose your ability to "pull" it will simply dumps it's heat to your correctly sized/set up heat leak.

One boiler manufacturer has just taken a controlling interest in "System link" and intend to sell a gasifying boiler, unvented cylinder and system link package. We will be selling it within the next few weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back