Air trapped in hot water heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have narrowed down my issues to air being trapped in the DHW heat exchanger.

The boiler is a Vaillant Ecotec 937 with the storage unit on the back - the central heating is fine and works no problem but if you set the thermostat for the hot water above 42 then there is an awful racket from the combustion chamber area.

I have tried the bleed test programm about 5 or so times and letting hot water taps run for while to cycle the water.

The expansion vessel for the hot water storage unit is at 0 bar and it needs to be 4 bar but i cant fill it with air because the storage unit is full with water.

I have tried turning the isolator on the filling loop to the storage unit and turning on the hot taps but it doesnt drain the storage unit fully - do i have to try and suck the water out as i cant get it to empty !!

Plus any better ideas on getting air out of the heat exchanger ?!!

Thanks

Shady

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back