Air trapped in pipework heating. Can't move it

So just to recap, that's the pipe that runs up to vent the take, am I right in saying if it's blocked the system won't vent causing air in system?

Sponsored Links
So just to recap, that's the pipe that runs up to vent the take, am I right in saying if it's blocked the system won't vent causing air in system?

No your wrong, if its blocked your system will only circulate the boiler causing it to over heat and cut out.

Ok thanks. It's circulating now, but have 2 radiators getting no heat. The rest are nice and hot. Would this pipe solve that problem?

You see it's already been power flushed once. As the system had no inhibited in it. I also think it needs to all be balanced

Ok thanks. It's circulating now, but have 2 radiators getting no heat. The rest are nice and hot. Would this pipe solve that problem?

You see it's already been power flushed once. As the system had no inhibited in it. I also think it needs to all be balanced

The 2 rads will be down to balancing.
Shut the others of till these get hot then open the others but only enough to let heat through.

Sponsored Links
That's not worked, and boiler has cut out. The pump became louder. Is it possible that the pump is no longer working efficently?

I really apreciate your help

That's not worked, and boiler has cut out. The pump became louder. Is it possible that the pump is no longer working efficently?

I really apreciate your help

Not if the other rads got hot as the pump must be working.

Are the two rads that are not now getting hot on the same single drop?
If so you may have a blockage in the pipework to these radiators or more likely an air lock.

Open up the rads that work and the 2 that dont and leave the system running most times the air will work its ay round to the AAV and the system will sort itself out that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back