Airbricks in solid walled house with concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I live in a house where the suspended floor was replaced with solid concrete sometime in the 90's. It has solid walls - Built in 1901.

At some point, likely when the solid floor was put in, the air bricks were removed.

Is it worth me putting some airbricks back in to get some airflow through the house? We do still have an open chimney/fire in the lounge which I assume sucks in a lot of air??

We dont really have a problem with condensation on windows but I do have a small patch of damp in the corner of the lounge which I'm hoping the airbricks might help with.

I also run a de-humidifier in the winter months which does pull out a lot of water.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul

Sponsored Links
trickle vents on the windows?

Chimneys don't suck air in, they let it out (draw).. If air leaves the chimney, it has to come in somewhere too! It ain't going to come down it and then go back up it..

Haha...good point!

No trickle vents in the windows. They are double glazed/wooden framed but are probably around 20 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back