AIRING CUPBOARD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just reciently had my conventional boiler removed and installed a combi. Use to be a handy place to hang my dryings; but now with combi I cannot dry any washing there. Looking for something with would heat up the cupboard inorder to get the washings dry.

Sponsored Links
An electrical tubular heater would probably be the safest option and would not take up too much space.

I wonder how many people have a combi fitted, then regret the lack of an airing cupboard.

Put a small rad in. Are the Flow and return pipes still there?

Sponsored Links
yes the guys who did the installation took everything away. Just found that I cannot dry my washing there anymore. No heat in the airing cupboard.

If you still have access to the pipes under the floorboards (and not tiled over everything), then I'd imagine that it will be a pretty easy job to plumb in a small radiator or even a towel warmer, which will suffice for such a small volume.

Mind you, an electric tubular may be more suitable since it will be easier to have this on during the summer months than faff around with the CH circuit.

View media item 40880
The picture above is a bit 'work in progress' from last year but you get the idea.

I too had no rad pipes going in, so I brought some through at the door end on the bottom right (capped, near all the white cables) and fed them to the back of the cupboard where the rad was going. I also raised the floor 100mm, insulated, and laid it with loft boards. Then lowered the ceilings 100mm and did the same there, as well as at the back where the radiator is.

I've put a couple of tubular heaters in there on a thermostat but to be honest I haven't plugged them in yet. The radiator though does keep it warm though not as hot as if you have a boiler & tank in there (even with insulation!), so you might want to consider something bigger than my 500*600.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back