Airlocked Central Heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Following a flood which wiped out 4 rooms from a burst upstairs radiator I decided to change the rest of the radiators (They were about 15 years old!)

As I replaced the valves either side the radiator as well, I drained the system (with the mains off)

I've now changed the valves and turned the water back on and fitted and bled the first radiator.

The problem I have is that now NONE of my radiators work - so I'm assuming an air lock.

Photo0136.jpg

The central heating pump (red box) just drible when it's bled, and the bleed stump next to it doesn't even 'hiss' when I undo it. It's as though there's and airlock in the tank?

I believe the white box with black lead next to the 'T' Joint is the heating advance to move the water in the tank through the boiler downstairs, and the white box on the side of the tank is a thermostat that controls it)

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Sponsored Links
Problem solved.

I turned the boiler off before I started the work and didn't turn it back on again!

What a T**T! :oops:

Didn't realise until the missus found that she didn't have any hot water for the dishes!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back