Aiwa Radio Tuning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Aiwa hifi model cx-81mk and need radio tuning instructions it has 20 station memory pll quartz I have tried tuning and when I turn the system off I lose them please help.

Sponsored Links
Did you store the search results?
What does the manual say about storing?
By "I turn the system off" do you mean Standby?

Did you store the search results?
What does the manual say about storing?
By "I turn the system off" do you mean Standby?
I dont have a manual,I thought the search was stored but when I turned the system off and pulled out the plug the next time I turned the system on the stations werent there.

It would be sensible to acquire a manual by download or from the seller or get a photocopy.

Chances are high that the radio WILL "forget" everything when power is removed.

Sponsored Links
It would be sensible to acquire a manual by download or from the seller or get a photocopy.

Chances are high that the radio WILL "forget" everything when power is removed.
I have tried searching online for a manual but with no joy probably because its an older model.

First off, don't bother tuning all 20 stations. Find a method that lets you store a single station. Once you know that it work after a power off/on cycle then you can tune the rest of the presets.

With most radios there's a Preset or Store button on the front panel. Tune in one channel. Press and hold in the Preset button. The display may change to confirm the station is stored. Test it by changing the tuning and then pressing 1 to recall the preset.

If this method doesn't work then there might be other buttons involved such as Store.

Many thanks I have tuned the radio stations in one at a time and they have now been stored.

Good-o :)

Did the methods here help (say Yes or No) or did you find a different way of doing it - if so, what was it? This may help anyone in the future with a similar Aiwa stereo system. Thanks

Good-o :)

Did the methods here help (say Yes or No) or did you find a different way of doing it - if so, what was it? This may help anyone in the future with a similar Aiwa stereo system. Thanks

yes your method worked Lucid many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back