alarm only shows power not day light.

H

hasso

i have a optima compact g3 alarm at my tentants house anyway ages ago it just kept goin off so i just switched it off so today i decided to switch it back on it came on but it only showed the power button and the outside sounder kept goin off so i pressed every button and nothing happend so i just left it . can any one please help me as new tenants are arriving soon

Sponsored Links
what the panel made no noise when asny button was pushed?
sonds like its gone into alarm condition, needs the cutomer code, you might try 0123

Seen this 100 times before on Optimas/Accentas etc. Basically, any low end panel will do it. It's due to a duff battery back up in the panel causing it to lock up when the mains supply is turned off and then back on again. No response from the keypad and no mains indicator light even though there is a mains supply is a good indicator of this problem. It's also the reason your bell box sounds when the mains is interrupted. Replace the 12v 2.1ah battery inside the control unit.

nope i tryed every buttin but nothing happend thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
scott i will try a better are u 100% sure it will work i got some spare alarm batteries

Will either be the panel has defaulted in which case try the default code I think is 0123 or 1234 if that doesn't work then the NVM may of been corrupted by a spike. Try the codes and if that doesn't work you could try leaving it powered down for a few mins just have to put up with hthe outside bell and then power up mains first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back