Sounder battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiyas,
Probably a stupid question but there's some major works goin on for the next few weeks in for my area and we've been told that this may involve quite long power cuts of more than 24 hours then they reconnect power but decide to switch it back off before the batteries have charged up again. Grrrr.
This has resulted in the alarms going nuts around here so is it possible to disable the battery in my sounder in case the one in the panel goes flat so I can avoid it going into tamper alert for 20 minutes every few hours?
My panels an Accenta G3 mini so unfortunately they only use a dinky battery and the sounder is a Texecom Odyssey 1E. Would the alarm still work for the time being with the SAB battery disconnected or would I have to bridge the 0v and tamper return? (Ignore that if it makes no sense it could have been a dream :( )
Thanks for any replies and sorry about the long post.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thanks for replying.
Looks like it's time to get the ladders out. Hopefully the LEDs and stuff still work with power from the CP (for as long as the mains is on and the battery lasts but doesn't look like the works going to get completed anytime soon) but it's no biggie if not.
Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Oh well back to square one. Just had a good check of the panel and noticed that the 47r resistor is shot to bits so it's not charging the new cp battery. Think I've read it might be quite common with Accenta panels. Probably down to all the stress it's had lately so time to replace the panel I think.
Been fancying an upgrade to the Castle Euromini as the RKP looks funky and it seems to have the room to get a 7a backup battery in easy enough but at least the bloody sirens shut up :)

Sponsored Links
Yeah I think so too @sparkymarka as its getting on a bit now so it could do with an upgrade. Checked all the fuses etc but the resistors burnt to bits and scorched the board and I think it's part of the voltage regulation circuit so it's not giving out any charge supply to the battery so it's just running it down.
Glad I followed your advice with the sounder though as it would have been going nuts with the amount of time it's been disconnected today :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back