Optima xm alarm

Yes but wait untill you have replaced the fuse as there may not be 12v + with a blown fuse.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Fuse fitted and connecting black wire to battery as suggested still does not cause the alarm bell in the box to go off. Nor does it when the main power supply is interrupted.
In the alarm condition the internal sounders are quite loud and also the strobe is working outside - its just the external bell - so it would seem the problem is in the bell box. What might this problem be?

Access to the bell box may be a problem for me, so would it be feasible to fit a loud sounder inside the integral garage which would certainly be heard outside and that coupled with the strobe flashing would have a similar effect.?
I can get access to the cable going to the bell box from inside the garage so could i just leave the strobe wires intact and take the red & black wires which serve the bell to an internal sounder? All unconventional but maybe it would work ok. What do you think? Thank you for your consideration.

Sponsored Links
They where rubbish ! Lol.... lyntec ,some had a recall a few years ago think it was the speaker sounder version not the peizo version...

Hi again -the saga continues. From your last post I gathered that the alarm box was duff and got an internal sounder. This would be heard outside and also in the bedrooms when asleep, as the panel one would not wake us.
Joined the new sounder to the red and black bell wires and it worked ok - nice and loud. However when I reset the alarm after it going off - the original symptoms came back i.e. the power light is on, the green day light fades and goes off and the keypad does not function and the pirs don't iight up. Aaagh!
I have powered down and up again and disconnected and reconnected battery but the same happens - put in the code, and reset - all looks ok and then the green day light fades and goes out again. The original symptoms. I know its not the battery as it is new and the fuses are Ok. I have taken off the newly attached internal sounder but the problem remains. I have looked up behind the keypad and there does not appear to be any burning or blackening of the components. Frustrated!

First step remove all the bell connections in the panel inc the strobe take a photo first so you know what wires you have taken out , connect your new internal sounder across B neg trip and D positive , put a link between T and A replace fuse and test .... If ok the issue is at the bellbox...

Hi.
YOU ARE A STAR!!!!! Sorted! Did as you suggested and it works fine. Then I was able to re-connect the strobe and it worked ok too. So I have a loud internal sounder that would awaken the dead and also be heard in the street with the strobe going too.
Thank you sooooooo much for your time, expertise and patience.

Probably some issue with bell box either water damage to pcb or nicad battery in bell box ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back