Alarm panel switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest how to switching off the alarm panel off so I can recode it please.

Have just moved into the house and the relatives of the deceased previous owner don't know the code so I want to switch it off and set to factory default and put a new code in.

Is the out side bell likely to sound when the panel is turned off?

Would I be able to get a pdf manual for it?

full

full

Sponsored Links
I haven't touched it yet. Wanted to know to do before I tried anything.

There's a buzz inside the panel so seems like something is loose and really want to take the front off to see if I can fix it.

Sponsored Links
From the look of the panel and keypad, its The Veritas R8+ and have found user and install instructions.

If the power is taken off and the panel front removed, will the outside siren start blasting?

If you remove the panel battery aswell as the mains supply then the bell box battery if connected/working will sound the siren for 15 mins

the panel is an r8 or r8 plus

not a big issue either way

can we have a better picture of the keypad not sure if I can see the possible code due to state of buttons

Having looked on the desktop the code maybe 2567 user code type this in and press prog do all the lights light up or type it in and press 00 do all the light light up if yes press reset reset and get back to us.

you can see the dirty buttons, that is alot of dirty fingers, not so sure about the 7 looking.

tamper, do you have anything open?

The alarm is on the to do list. I posted to get feedback on what to do.

I'll post results in due course. Thanks All for the above posts.

Job sorted.

I found an article online about to remove the panel lid and silence the alarm.

Cover off.
Mains off.
Battery removed.
Mains back on.
Tamper spring pressed three times.
Panel is now set to factory codes.
Battery reconnected.
Panel cover replaced.
Code 4321 entered.
Reset button pressed.

I checked the battery and it was 3.2v so I fitted a new battery. The buzz I could here was the panel box itself not tight against the wall.
There's still a slight buzz from the transformer buts its x4 screws were tight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back