Help with Optima XL6 alarm.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a problem with my meter (burning,smoking)and had to get an emergency replacement, power was off for 3-4 hours and when switched back on the alarm panel was going mental. Switched if off a fuse. Now I don't have the manual for it or a code, previous owners had never used it either so no code from them.
Does anyone know how to get it back to factory settings so I can put in my own code and get the system up and running again. House is on the market, so hoping to get sorted.
cheers.

Sponsored Links
3D4D6A71-DED8-4487-A9C1-3370FC59FD9D.jpeg This is from xl4 manual but same process....

View attachment 203705 This is from xl4 manual but same process....
Cheers managed to get manual for xl6, just different terminal numbers from above though. Only thing now though is the tamper light won't go out and keypad is locked. What is strange now is that if you walk past a PIR it shows on the alarm panel whereas it didn't before. I think the zones were omitted before and because I've rebooted the system they are unlocked now.

Sponsored Links
Should have mentioned that one of the PIR's is missing the front of it, showing the wires and terminal 13 (for reboot) didn't have a wire but looked like a staple connecting it to 14.

IMG_20200904_103252.jpg IMG_20200904_103123.jpg IMG_20200904_103107.jpg IMG_20200904_103003.jpg
Pics as requested and yeah I'll give the inside a clean.
Took with my tablet, so not ghe clearest images.

32C67B92-3812-421F-9765-499E0BC56429.jpeg See the blue and yellow wires in TAMP remove them and fit a link ( like in the pa next to the tamp ) now fit lid and press reset ... if that works all good ...now put yellow and blue back in and remove the yellow in the detector with no lid and put it in the same terminal as the blue wire ! Press reset on panel , does the keypad now work ?

View attachment 203874 See the blue and yellow wires in TAMP remove them and fit a link ( like in the pa next to the tamp ) now fit lid and press reset ... if that works all good ...now put yellow and blue back in and remove the yellow in the detector with no lid and put it in the same terminal as the blue wire ! Press reset on panel , does the keypad now work ?
Got the 1st part and all good but 2nd part, i'm lost. Detector?

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, keyboard working, tamper light off and day button on. Will now get round to trying out the alarm in the next few days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back