Alarm problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just puchased a house, It has an alarm system which was fitted by ADT alarms.It looks like a fairly complicated syetem.
The problem is that it has been triggered 16 times while the house was empty because the estate agents had the wrong code and every time they went in the house the alarm was triggered. It now tells me to contact ADT with the fault code and they will give me a new reset code. When I contacted ADT they will not help as I am not the registered owner and they can't find any trace of this installation.
There is a large box in the garage with a Honeywell Security sticker on it, also Galaxy 3-144c on the label. I am a TV engineer by trade and have fitted a couple of alarms in the past but I am not sure how to solve this one. Any help much appreciated. Regards. ;)

Sponsored Links
and you have a keypad that looks like

rkp.jpg

may not have coloured buttons, and doesnt say diy not

there is nothing you can do about it other than take out a contract with an alarm company :cry:

it actualy needs, as you know a remote reset code, which only adt can give you, (it is based on an algorithimic code that is peculiar to adt) or it needs an adt enginneer (with the adt engineer code) or another alarm company will crash and reprogrrame it there are no short cuts i am sorry to say

When we moved in the house had an ADT alarm - previous occupier had the user code but not the other codes. Contract had expired.

ADT came and re-set to factory settings, engineer also explained that I could have done this myself - cost was around £80.

If you want to do it yourself start by finding out whose control panel/keypads they are and get manuals. these may help you do a factory reset.

BTW you probably do not have an external sounder - it may just be a dummy box.

Must remember to use spell checker. .

Make sure it is no longer the responsibility of ADT: if they have said there is no record of it, then it doesn't exist, does it?

It may have been a foreigner.

As has been said, do some investigation on the panel & try & get hold of the manuals, then you can reprogramme it no worries.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, The control box is the same as the picture. Can you give me any information on the make and model of the control box ,so I can try and get some details and try and reset it. Many thanks Regards

tvman said:
Thanks for that, The control box is the same as the picture. Can you give me any information on the make and model of the control box ,so I can try and get some details and try and reset it. Many thanks Regards

You have answered your own question

tvman said:
There is a large box in the garage with a Honeywell Security sticker on it, also Galaxy 3-144c on the label.

Galaxy panels are very easy to crash, your problem will be reprogramming it, galaxy 3's are not the most friendly panel

hi tv man!
im an ex ADT engineer ( for my sins)and i will be able to help you as im doing this daily, the external box will be a decoy, so you will need a siren installing/maybe wiring to it aswell! please put your email ady on your contact details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back