Alarm questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a few questions that I'd greatly appreciate some input to.

First of all can anyone identify my alarm for me from the pic below? It is an ADT that was fitted by the previous owners. We have the user code but I'd like to change it for a different code and I suspect a user manual would help me with that (we don't have a subscription with ADT).

Secondly, we're going to have a small rear extension which will mean that the ceiling at the back of the house will be pulled down and replaced. I'd like to take this opportunity to run some cables in the void for when I have the alarm replaced with something better.

I'd like a bell box at the rear of the house - what cable should I run to allow an alarm installer to fit one?

Also, we're going to have bi-fold doors across the whole width of the house (terrace). Is it worth having an anti-tamper sensor on the doors with the new alarm? If so what cable should I run into the void? Where about on the door would a sensor sit?

Many thanks,

Voicey.

Sponsored Links
ademco accord. run 8 core cable for your bell and extra sensors, to be honest i would replace the panel, but it depends on your buget.

Thank you. I will indeed be getting a new panel so no worries there.

Is it worth putting anti tamper sensors on the bi-fold door? Would I need just the one or more as it'll be 4.2m wide? Where abouts on a door does such a sensor fit?

I'd be getting a pro in to do the alarm but it makes sense for me to run the cables whilst the builders have got the ceiling out.

It always amazes me why people put the remote keypad next to the end station. Fair enough, if they're both under the stairs, but a remote keypad...the clues in the name!

Sponsored Links
just run the cable to the first opening side of the door, the only problem is make sure you have a detector in the same room as they tend to smash the glass and walk in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back