ADT Visonic Powermax 10 tamper fault clearing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me please.

My daughter has moved into a house with an ADT Visonic Powermax10 wireless alarm. My daughter wanted to avoid the cost of an ADT contract and their call out charges that are quite high.

The door sensor (looks like a PG9975 or similar) was reporting low battery so I replaced it following an on-line tutorial and the manual I found on-line. The low battery message cleared but I now have a door tamper alarm I can’t clear i.e. the orange trouble light is on and when trying to arm the alarm it will not, “NOT READY MEMORY TRBL” is displayed. Pressing the “i/OK” button I get Z01 FRONT DOOR tamper fault displayed. I have checked that the sensor case has been replaced correctly.

We have the user code but no engineer’s code (ADT keep that) so can’t remove and replace the sensor from the system. Have found the user and engineer’s manuals on line, and tried arming and disarming the alarm but that hasn’t helped to clear it.

I have seen other alarm systems in which the user has to acknowledge a tamper fault by putting the user code in twice together with a clear button but couldn't find a similar process in the Powermax user manual. Does anyone know if there is a user process for the Powermax?

I have seen on-line instructions for factory resetting the Powermax 10 (shorting three pins out for 5 seconds with the power off and battery disconnected), and hence then being able to use the default engineer' code. I didn't know if the siren would be going off while this was being done because the control unit wouldn't be holding the siren off. Does anyone know if the siren does go off if the control unit is totally depowered?

Would appreciate any help or advice, Jim

Sponsored Links
If you own the system then you can request for the engineers code to be reset (seek CAB advice on how to proceed).

after replacing the battery if the unit is secure do a walk test.

if this doesnt resolve you can remove the mains power and battery power, put the battery back on and then mains power on and reprogram time and date if required.

if fault persists you will need an engineer to get to the bottom of it.

Hi Secureiam, thanks very much for your help. I'll try doing a walk test to clear it when I go over to see her.
Cheers, Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back