Visonic S01 Tamper open error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting a Visonic Powermax Complete with MCS-740 outdoor siren.

I am having a problem with it at the moment, unable to arm the system. Checking the status on the alarm panel and it gives an error code “S01 TAMPER OPEN ERROR”. I am assuming this is the outside siren box.

Apparently there are two tampers on the siren box, the one on the front cover which can be heard to click when fitting the cover and the one on the breakaway screw hole at the back.

I’m wondering about the one at the back, a screw is fitted through this to the wall lightly touching the plastic and I can see a gold foil behind the pcb which I am supposing when the plastic breaks away it takes the gold foil with it setting the alarm off.

Hope than you can suggest what the cause of this tamper error is?

Sponsored Links
if you delete the wireless siren off the system

does the fault still come up?

If it clears then we can say its down to the siren, I would then test it whilst off the wall (NOTE: you may want ear protection)

Re learn back on and close the tampers manually, if that works out okay, then you need to put it back on the wall.

I would be surprised if the gold foil you mention is part of the tamper, I havent seen one of these and are not familar with the alarm system so can only use my best guess.

Had a look at the manuals for error codes and bell tamper info but not having much luck, and it doesnt help not having one in front of me. to play with.

I am guessing the bottom of the siren has the cover tamper, the screw just below the middle of the two piezoz's, is designed to break the unit away from the the cover tamper to give a tamper iof its knocked off the wall, but cant say for certain.

I've deleted the siren off the system, no fault message now.

I'll get it back down off the wall tomorrow, if it finally stops raining :D .

Came across this image on another site for the MCS-730 model

The gold foil is under where it says "Tamper strip under PCB"

Need some more images I think, as I cant see much wrt to the wall tamper.

when you take it off, need to try and work out how to secure the tampers manually when its learnt back on.

I would put the cover on and lay it on a hard flat no metal surface, to see if tampers show.

Then apply the knowledge for putting it back up.

Like I say never seen one of these units before, so have to work it out from basics, at least we know the tamper is from the bell box, just need to confirm which one.

Sponsored Links
All sorted now.
Set the alarm back to factory default and re- enrolled all sensors. Took the bell box down and laid it down near to the alarm panel and enrolled it again.
There is a contact under the pcb which looks as though it will break away with the plastic if the bell box is wrenched off the wall.
No fault messages so refitted the bell box and everything is ok.
All I can think is the bell box might have been slightly twisted on the wall (stone face on the house) or everything needed to be setup properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back