Powermax Express

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a powermax express alarm system with a mcs-740 siren. I self installed 10 months ago. Recently (last week)had 2/3 alarms going off all between 3-6 am and on separate days. There was no indication of tamper or break in. Alarm was in armed mode each event.

The system flagged a S01 tamper-alarm which is held in error log for each event stated above.

Additionally the system rang me a couple of days after at 0630 when not in armed mode. Which stoped after entering #2.

I have consulted user manuals and installers manual. Searched on line to no avail at cause or solutions. There no evidence of tampering of the alarm sounder or any problems or error messages with other sensors (3 pir's and 2 door contacts).

Any advice or assistance on this issue would be appreciated.

Not using system currently and want to exclude the obvious before calling engineer.

Regards
ChrisW

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
S01' on mine is referring to the wireless siren and means there has been no supervision signals in the time you configured the control panel to start indicating trouble if it did not receive them

Found the above comment, could be low battery in bell box not allowing signal to be sent to panel .If panel older than 2 years suggest change battery in bell box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back