Visonic alarm - Not ready to arm - Alarm in memory

VK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I need some help, I'm trying to install an alram I purchased last year, its the Visonic Powermax Complete. I must have interrepted the alarm during setup/programming and now I'm stuck with the following error "Not ready to arm - Alarm in memory, check system for trouble".

I have read a lot on the internet forums and I just can't work out a way to arm the alarm.

When I check for what is in memory/trouble I see the following on display:
1) speaks 'wireless siren' and displays 'S01 Tamper-Alarm'.
2) speaks 'wireless siren' and displays 'S01 Tamper-Open' - this I know how to fix the alarm isn't fixed to a wall so the messge is displayed.
3) System troubles - think this is as a result of phone line not connected
4) Line Failures - Phone line not connected issue, I think
5) CPU Tamper-Alarm

Can someone please advice how I can get rid off memory issues 1 and 5 above? I am unable to ARM the alarm via control panel or key fob I hear the following message "Disarm, Not ready to arm - Alarm in memory, check system for trouble".

I have tried all sorts, I've been at it for the last 5 hours and have now given up.

cheers,

VK

Sponsored Links
That is a standard message, well not quite as a few issues there.

There are 3 tampers on the sounder. If not on the wall then one at least will be open.
The Panel battery lid is not closed correctly, small spring can be fiddly.
Is it connected to the mains yet?
The line needs to be disabled to get rid of the line fail.

thanks mate,

so to narrow the issue down I have removed the link between the alarm and siren - I will enroll it again once I have it working.

for the Phone line issue, i have deactivated all reports and in the installer menue under 5. Define Comm. I have deactivated reports, etc. for both phone and GSM and this seems to have got rid of the trouble that was flashing on the LCD.

Thank you so much for your help....i was at this sh*t for 5+ hours and was really getting frustrated with this....

If I experince any more issues I post back.

cheers,

VK

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I have recently fitted and installed my first Visonic PowerMax alarm system. So far I had been impressed with the alarm, however I can not arm it due to an error I keep getting "CPU tamper alarm"

I had previously realized the the red button that goes on a spring on the inside of the control panel had dropped out, so I replaced this and fitted the cover again. Also I can hear a firm click when closing the console before screwing in closed.

On the console panel I can not see another tamper switch and I have looked about 15 times, from other posts I have seen people mention about one on the battery door but I can not see one. Also the battery door is a click shut and not a screw shut.

Also from posts that I have read the the error should go once the issue has been addressed, but it has not gone :(

I am really at a loss as to what else I can try? Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back