Visonic Siren - MCS-740 swapping housings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, wondering you can offer any advice / words of wisdom. We have a Visonic Powermax Plus alarm panel (have done the the last 7 years and its been great) I've set everything up myself, but I have noticed the siren has started being problematic in draining the battery within 3-6 months.

So I wanted to replace it with a more up to date version, the MCS-740. All looks good and received it, enrolled etc however my query is I've got a lovely looking box on the wall and the box the MCS-740 comes in is very bland / ugly (in my opinion).

Have you got any suggestions / is it possible? To remove it from the current housing to place in my shield style?

On my old bell, I had a molex connector to that I could use to bridge the tamper alarm, but on the MCS-740 it has a microswitch (front) and metal bridge on reverse.

Am I stuck with the supplied bell box or is it possible to alter to fit my existing box on the wall?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Many people in the trade do alter boxes to make equipment fit. Usually so they have one set of screen printed lids but the equipment is customised so it accomodates other bells.

Doing so will void any warranties you have.

As for off the shelf customisation not aware of any to convert X to fit Y.

You can search to see if anyone has done it and provided a video of the customisation, but I do not recommend you embark on such a quest.

If its wireless then dont put it in a metal box for obvious reasons.

H Secureiam, thanks for the advice, after staring at the board for a good 30 mins I had come to the conclusion although my current shield enclosure looks good, modifying this siren to fit will be a real hash up and a world of pain. The reason to replace to ensure a working model, looks second. :)

Functionality over beauty wins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back