Visonic Powermax Complete + Outdoor Siren MCS-710

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above system installed for about 5 years. Last year the batteries run out for the siren and i got 2 x 20k mah batteries from the supplier below...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Visonic-P...9912-K-/161911999072?var=&hash=item25b2b50a60

I got the extra one as a backup thinking it would last at least 4-5 years together but a year later both have depleted. So i contacted the supplier who says

"The Visonic MCS710-730 siren in standby uses 250µA on average, however in operation (arm/disarm or sounding) uses 300mA on average. This is an increase of 1200 times more power consumption than in standby."

And they only offer 3 months guarantee, i also come to know that they are not genuine but just replacement, but even then i am not sure why BOTH cells depleted this early with typical use: which is mainly arming/dis arming, and each time the siren would squawk when doing so.

Since the original battery costs around £25 i was thinking of installing a The MCS-730AC - which can be powered using an external 9VAC Adapter to save the hassle of changing batteries.

Ive asked the supplier if i can replace the 710 with 730ac and awaiting for a reply....

I dont think there is a way to convert the 710 i to be powered with external source?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Visonic MCS-730AC works with PowerMax Pro and PowerMax + by using a 9v ac power supply.
Why dont you check with tech support at Visonic

Visonic MCS-730AC works with PowerMax Pro and PowerMax + by using a 9v ac power supply.
Why dont you check with tech support at Visonic

I have emailed the tech support at visonic and waiting for a reply. i dont think the 730AC will fit but i think the 730 (without the AC) would but thats not good for what i want to do.

Sponsored Links
I got a response from UK Visonic support...however i did call them to confirm it was supported and the guy at tech support said that as long as the item is a UK model because if it was made in another country and its sold here the coding is different and may not work.

Email from Visonic:

Thank you for your email,

Yes the MCS-730AC version will be compatible and most of our suppliers will have this version in stock.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back