Installing 2nd hand visonic powermax +

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Recently purchased a 2nd hand visonic powermax alarm . intend to install myself but having problems getting started \ have both installers and user guide however currently display is showing not ready and faults relating to battery - tamper etc
I tried to reset factory codes using a jumper across the RST pins but doesn't seem to have worked ?
Not sure how to get started as seems you need to have prompt reading Ready to start enrolment process ?
Any help much appreciated rob

Sponsored Links
The problem buying second hand is you don't know the history of the unit.
Can you get into any of the menus?
Were you supplied any codes?
Did you follow the default procedure correctly?

what were the specific faults you had as this will identify where you need to start at least, so it will be in ready mode.

Cheers for reply
I have the installers and user codes .
I tried to factory reset using the instruction from sapphire secuirty on line - which indicated fitting a jumper across the RST pins only
After doing this I tried to start the enrol process in the installers manual - which refers to starting when it shows Ready . the display is showing not ready and faults which include battery tamper \ front door \ ac failure . I had assumed that the jumper across RST would put the unit back as though new and out of the box ? I haven't tried to follow the default procedure or any other from the manual but if this is what I need then please give me an idea of section reference please and I'll try that . the is again

No point in doing the reset procedure, the last one i remember doing the default procedure on just did the codes.

Replace the battery in the door contact, I am guessing thats what was on the front door. Go in and out of engineering and see whats what, reset the time and date if you havent already done so, then see whats what.

Sponsored Links
Cheers will have a go and let you know how it get on . many thanks for advice Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back