Alarm sounding.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Scantronic 9651 which has been faultless for several years. New battery about 2 yrs ago.

I went out shopping with the Mrs and when I got home the blue alarm light was flashing on the outside of my house. I went in (suitably armed if I'm being honest), no sign of an intruder or attempted break in. All windows and doors secure.
Did log test and it seems the burglar alarm did trip.
Did walk test and two pir sensors in kitchen and lounge seem to be a bit intermittent. Kitchen especially seems very slow to flash red.
Two questions, first would that be the cause of the burglar alarm activation, and secondly if so what's the process of repairing.
I'm guessing remove pir cover, tamper alarm sounds, silence using my pin code, replace, reset alarm. I'm guessing pir sensors are standard fitting and a particular model isn't required ?
Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your help and a belated merry Xmas and happy new year to you all.

Dean.

Sponsored Links
You need to be looking at WHICH device set the alarm off ! Not randomly replacing items ...

You need to be looking at WHICH device set the alarm off ! Not randomly replacing items ...
I just checked the log and it's telling me zone 5 which is the lounge PIR. I've just noticed that the zone 6 kitchen pir is a bit hit and miss too.

If it's slow ...then it's less likely to false alarm ...post picture of detector

Sponsored Links
B1494C78-80B8-44E2-A27C-E4412FEB17E9.jpeg
If it's slow ...then it's less likely to false alarm ...post picture of detector

Visonic k980 ....rubbish they go slow with age ...replace with Bosch pet detector depending on ...A you have a pet ....B what it is ?

Visonic k980 ....rubbish they go slow with age ...replace with Bosch pet detector depending on ...A you have a pet ....B what it is ?
Two miniature schnauzers. Thanks for your help, advice taken onboard. I presume that's the cause of the alarm and fitting new pir is straightforward without engineer code ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back