Alarm triggered...intruder foiled!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I think I had a result the other night! At just before 2.00am... well according to the alarm log it was 1.41 I was woken by the Master Blaster siren going off in my work place some 100yds from my house.

By the time I had got up there there was no sign of anyone and I turned off the alarm. The log showed that the vibration alarm on the double sliding doors at the rear had been triggered. I have always considered this to be the most vulnerable point of the premises. There was no damage so I suspect that the would be intruder banged on the doors to test the system and legged it as soon as the alarm went off!

The system has been in operation for over six months and no false alarms to date and once reset all has been fine, so I'm thinking that my system has foiled an attempted break-in.

I've subscribed to the Smart Water scheme some weeks ago and hope that the stickers might have a deterent effect on would be theives.

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
Doesn't it phone out?

No John not at the moment. I have an intercom connected to my home from the buildings to make sure that I hear the siren running which is very loud<G> I'm there most of the time but am considering putting in a dialer. My object to date has been to make sure I put off would be intruders. I'm a few weeks away from completing building work on the new premises so welcome all suggestions to improve security prior to moving stuff in.

Cheers

Richard

Sequenced lighting appears to be effective at night

After the alarm sounds a bedroom light turns on, a bit later the light on the landing turns on, then a downstairs light and then the outside lights.

A lot of effort but simulates a human response is happening.

If relying on dial out then ensure the phone line is protected and cannot be cut outside the building. If not yet installed ask the supplier if it can be UG into the building and the cable is not exposed on the wall of the building.

Sponsored Links
Sequenced lighting appears to be effective at night

Thanks Bernard for your reply.

After the alarm sounds a bedroom light turns on, a bit later the light on the landing turns on, then a downstairs light and then the outside lights.

A lot of effort but simulates a human response is happening.

The premises I am protecting are situated about 100yds from the house and lights in the house are not visible to anyone in or around the premises but I take your point. If the alarm goes off in the night I will be there, and the first thing that would happen is that I would turn on the outside light before making my way to the premises to check on the situation there.

If relying on dial out then ensure the phone line is protected and cannot be cut outside the building. If not yet installed ask the supplier if it can be UG into the building and the cable is not exposed on the wall of the building.

All services are run underground and not visible to any intruder. Do you rate the installation of cameras in the overall security plan?

Cheers

Richard

PS BTW I've installed PIR lights but they seem to be so easily triggered by almost anything. I was going to connect alarm bells to them so that when they triggered not only did the light come on but a loud bell would go off as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back