Optima G3 intruder alarm – false trigger.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Optima G3 intruder alarm. Over recent weeks this has been falsely triggering between 3 + 5 am at random. So far I have replaced the battery, checked the PIRs for insects etc. All wiring is in securely and I can’t see anything that could be triggering a false alarm. When the alarm triggered the attack indicator is lit but no zone lights up. I can’t link this to recent work either such as decorating. Could anyone offer me troubleshooting advice please?

Sponsored Links
author have you got a personal attack wired up in the house, if you have i suggest you put a link wire in the control panel on the PA terminals and see if that cures the problem, if it is a PA or TAMPER fault then the key pad should become unresponsive and locked out or does it clear when you put your code in and press reset let me know how you get on BE CAREFULL AROUND THE MAINS INSIDE THE CONTROL PANEL cheers bazzzzz

Hi. Thanks for the advice and quick response. Yes I do have a PA attached. When I look behind the face plate of the alarm, I can see other link wires for other terminals. When I put a link wire in for the PA device do I need to use any kind of special wire? Can I just use a piece of alarm wire? I take it mains and battery power off when doing this?
You mention the key pad being unresponsive. When the alarm has triggered I do have difficulty switching it off. It will accept my code but immediately go off again. Recently I can only stop it by turning the power off, removing the battery then removing the fuses.
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
yes if you take the cover off and use a peice of alarm wire to link the PA out that will be fine just turn the power off and leave the battery conected, if the alarm goes off you should be able to reset it when you fit the wire link fit the cover back and oress reset good luck bazzzzzz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back