Alarm v CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can give some advice. I'm looking for a security solution and can't decide on a run of the mill burglar alarm or cctv. If burglar alarm then wired or wireless and if cctv, anything I need to look for in particular? Don't want to pay more than a cpl of hundred. Lots of low priced alarms and cctv kits on ebay but are there any brands I should avoid or definitely go for?

If you had to go for one system, which would you choose?

cheers! :)

Sponsored Links
Start with good locks on the doors and windows, even a bell box on the wall will help.

Andy

Follow that with a wired alarm - no contest! Wireless is dearer and more prone to problems (but easy to install). Two hundred quid will only buy you a crappy cctv system.

Sponsored Links
cheers both, there are so many options these days.. wireless looked good obviously because of ease of setup but reliability is more important. If some trunking is needed to hide wires then so be it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back