Alarmed zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just joined I hope someone can help me. I have Accenta g4 mini with 4 P I R installed along with the entry/exit door magnet. My problem is when I enter my exit code 4 zones light up 1 6 7 8 the last three are unused zones but number 1 is my entry/exit zone and in order to set my alarm I have to omit these 4 zones and press the tick then the alarm sets but of coarse on re-entry zone 1 does not operate as the zone has been omitted if I disturb of the P I R the alarm will function as normal there just won't be any entry time to contend with until I unset the alarm I have to go through this whole procedure every time I want to set the alarm also the strobe dosen't seem to be working for some reason if someone could please help me that would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is zone 1 a door contact ? If so take it off , there will be two wires under silver screws take them off twist them together now enter your code , does zone 1 light up ? No .....replace faulty door contact

Hi sparkymarka I did what you said joined the wires and the light went out the alarm set as it should I went out and bought a new door contact replaced it and back to quare 1 the zone 1 lights up the same as before when I enter my code have you any other suggestions I could try thanks

Sponsored Links
Has your panel gone back to the factory defaults? Have you changed your battery recently? Did you have a power cut..?

I changed the magnet as well I had done a factory reset as I said everything works ok apart from zone 1 I have found that the strobe light is not working could this be part of the problem too. no power cuts I have only powered down the system while checking the wiring which is in order as described in the manual the only other thing I did was to bridge zones 6 7 8 as they are not used and to stop them showing alarmed with zone 1 I don't know with the strobe not working will I need a new bell box the siren and everything else is fine.

If you have twisted the wires together at the contact end and it sets ...... It's not the panel....do the same thing again , if there is a tamper pair on the contact ( two wires twisted together under a brass screw) make sure you don't have any of the alarm cores shorting to the tamper cores.. Post a picture of the door closed with the contact

How do you know that the strobe does not work?

Did you fully set the alarm, go outside, come back in and set the alarm off, bet you didn't?

Q. Why does everyone seem to think that a 'factory reset' cures every alarm system problem?
It usually creates more of a problem with having to reprogramme the system.

Hi I have just set the alarm and set it off, went outside no strobe working only a small red light it used to go back and forth to show it was set it does not do that any more I also did an alarm test as in the manual for the siren strobe so I am afraid it's still the same.

Strobe has probably packed in , or wire / core to strobe broken or corroded how old is the bellbox ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back