Alarming my shed's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all just wanted some opinions I'm going to alarm my shed's shortly and was toying with different ideas.

Idea 1 is to buy a Yale alarm or similar to just alarm the shed's.

Idea 2 is to get a wireless expander for my texecom premier and put a wireless pir in both sheds I would program this as area b on the alarm so in effect when the house is unset then the shed's would still be alarmed.

Would idea 2 work if so what pir's would you recommend?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would not use Yale alarm load of rubbish only single path wireless.
If you put wireless expander on shed you can use door contacts and wireless dual tech sensors.You can also set up area B on your texecom panel for shed only and keep the house seperate ?
Lots of different options with texecom ,text messaging etc

Aye I've got it all set up for text messaging just wasn't sure about using wireless outside in a shed! I'd rather do it that way to be honest

Texecom do a wireless Dual Technology sensor .Ive used them in garage and sheds before without any issues.The wireless dual techs need batteries changing more often than pir units.You could also put door contact on door and hard wire a bigger contact to the unit if required.

Sponsored Links
Cheers bud. I might do then then if I was out I would know if it was a false alarm or not due to the text messages I would receive.

I made the effort to hardwire my 3 sheds, didn't want the expense of changing batteries and wasn't sure of the effect's of cold winter months and frosty nights on the batteries ability.

go wireless on your prem (what variant and version is your prem, just wireless DT's wont work pre version 2 and above premier Elite panels and version 2+ expanders size of your shed if using DT's you may want to turn the sensitivity down.

as for working in the cold, not a problem but the wireless devices don't like getting damp/wet. Had some wireless devices in the shed for years

It's running version 3.0 and it's an elite 24. It's currently got one expander so it should be ok adding a wireless one as it can go up to 24 zones can't it?

yes 8 zones on the panel and 8 zones on the expanders (so you would get the 8xpw)

I also used two of the keypad zones so I will only be able to use 6 wireless ones is that correct?

Wish I could be more helpful here, something in my mind telling me there may be issues, but its a long time since I have had this scenario and things change and like many thinks you don't do regularly enough they sort of blur.

A quick look see on a 48 this evening suggested it wouldn't be an issue, but didn't do a full test.

Before buying the wireless gear I would double check quickly if there are any issues with the mapped zones interfering with the wireless expander zones that would be in play with Texecom unless anyone else here can confirm for you they open at 8am.

@Budnzeus, just checking if you were successful with this.

@secureiam I am trying to secure my Garage with a Texecom Premier Elite DT-W (GBF-0001) PIR through a Texecom 8XP-W expander on a Premier Elite 48 panel.

Everything has been installed in the main house and PIR seems to be working fine inside the house eg. "Walk Test", "Triggering Siren" etc.

But when I move the PIR to the Garage nothing seems work.

Is this an issue with Ricochet Mesh distance and kitchen brick wall ?

The Texecon 8XP-W is about 15 metres from the Garage through the kitchen and maybe 20 meters through the front door.

Panel Firmware: V5.02.01
Expander: Version 3.1.0
PIR Firmware: Version 1.0.4

Regards

Thanks for the reply @sparkymarka. I will give it a try.

Is it normal though that even a "Walk Test" doesn't seem to work when triggered from Garage ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back