Alarms... and More Alarms!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If my avatar is anything to go by, I am someone who likes intruder alarms and the like, preferably not-so-old Scantronic equipment (well, I'd willingly get a nice old Scanny 9100 any day).

I like my Scantronic alarms, so I got a Scantronic 9800 (issue 11 main board). Now I love the 9800 and the 9600 so I decided to fit it to serve my loft... and eventually the house. Alarm bells will probably be ringing for most of you alarm engineers, but rest assured, I'm taking good care of it and the ADE Accenta 6 that was in the house before wasn't any better, and is more basic then the 9800 in some, if not most, areas. I do plan to have an engineer, who I know, come round one day and give it the once over and give it the green light or mark down what I need to rectify before it is classed as good.
I also have a 2nd generation (I think) Scantronic 9448 in the garage which I will have to do a complete rework of due to how I installed it the last time, using only 4 core cable etc. etc. And I also bought, for £20, a Scanny 9800+ with zone expander and keypad, unused, before the last two devices and it will replace the 9800 when it breaks, so that is my redundancy plan sorted. Here's one of two 9825 keypads that I've had fitted:
IMG_0107.JPG

And that's only just the start! I like sirens, telephones, pulse dial exchanges, I do a bit of DIY here and there (Father Dearest usually then reverses what I've done to the fabric of the house, or lives with it because we'll be ripping it out anyway or plastering over it)

Sponsored Links
Back