Replacement keypad for Scantronic 9800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if there is an available replacement keypad for a Scantronic 9800 alarm system please as I have an elderly friend who has this system but nearly all the buttons are now sticking or not working etc.
I have found a 9600 keypad on ebay and it looks the same - can anyone tell me if it is the same kepad as the 9800?
She has been quoted £200 to fix the problem - I would think this would be a new control panel and keypad but I had hoped we could get a new keypad cheaper for her
If we did find one is it easy to replace keypad as my hubbie is good following instructions but is not an alarm engineer!

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem with my scantronic 9800, and decided to have it replaced by the alarm company with a new panel. However, before replacing it I learnt that a scantronic 9827RKP (also obsolete incidentally) would operate the system, and these do sometimes appear on ebay. There is a slight difference in operation, you have to press X instead of 'omit' and the 'tick symbol' instead of 'clear'.

Correct, although none listed on Ebay either.
Apart from one for the American market, not sure if that would work TBH.

For the cost of that and the shipping you could buy something more up to date, and be sure it would work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies and assistance
I think a new 9651 system looks very affordable and similar to 9800 system so the lady wont get too stressed about using a new setup
Can I ask is the 9651 easy to install in place of the 9800 system?

Panel is smaller so all the cables WILL fit inside. Just get everything out (label it first) of the 9800 and then see where it will go, job done.
Keypad is almost the same size so minimal making good on decor.

Virtually used the same as the 9800 too, so not a major upheaval in use and a nicer LCD screen and alpha numeric zones. Far better than numbers and codes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back