Scantronic 9800 or 9827 keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Day All, I would like a replacement keypad for my Scantronic 9800+ keypad. The current Keypad (9800/ 9827) is playing up & the buttons are sticking/playing up when entering the user code.

I believe the 9800 & 9827 keypad are now obsolete.

Sponsored Links
Yes but you can still buy them at around £125 each plus vat, or ebay is your best bet.

Sponsored Links
Replacements are made by Scantronic a couple of times a year - rare and expensive (a new alarm may be cheaper!) :eek:

Hoover makes a good point - strip the keypad down and run over the button pads on the circuit board with an eraser. Wipe the black conductive elastomer 'pills' on the back of keys on a piece of card or paper (press them down and wipe to leave a black streak on the card). Then reassemble everything after giving it a quick blow.

I do this often and you should get at least a couple more years out of your keypad. You shouldn't need to press the keys hard - use the lightest touch that you can. You could also try changing your code to use different keys... (CODE, 4, old code, new code).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back