Scantronic keypad replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Scantoronic 9800 keypad which has seen better days. Is it possible to replace just the keypad and if so which one would i need to buy

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a Scantoronic 9800 keypad which has seen better days. Is it possible to replace just the keypad and if so which one would i need to buy

Thanks
Exactly the same as you have, keypads are not interchangeable between different control panels - eBay (if you are lucky)

much cheaper as you can still get the 9800 plus keypads at a whopping £130 plus vat ..... they only use to be £35 lol....

Sponsored Links
even better go on ebay type in scantronic 9827 theres a cheap one and a even more expensive one.....

Not only are they expensive, they're hard to get, too. Scantronic build them in small batches, from time to time...

Strip it down and clean the PCB where the keys press with a rubber (eraser) and then wipe the black rubber "pills" on the back of the keys about 20cm/8" across a piece of rough card, like the inside of a cereal packet. Blow it clean and reassemble.

If you've got the black-faced keypad with the flap that hinges (used to hinge!) at the bottom, disassembly is a bit tricky. You have to slacken all the screw 'terminals' and, after removing the screws that secure the PCB, gently prise the board up from the bottom edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back