Albion Mainsflow - what cylinder stat settings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone - new around here so here goes...

I've just installed a new system - out with a Sime 102 super, in with a Keston Celsius 25 boiler and an Albion Mainslflow thermal store 25/140 indirect. System is Honeywell 'Y' plan.

4 bed house with two bathrooms, well one and a half if you know what I mean.

I was wondering how the system should be set. I've got a 2 channel h/w & c/h timer thermostat. I take it that the boiler stat should be on maximum but not sure about the cylinder stat. I see the factory setting is on max - 90 degrees - is that right? There is a blender valve on the store to adjust output to the taps.

I don't know if you rate these Albion units. I've got to say that the store is a bit basic looking - just looks like a normal cylinder with a bit of insulation sprayed over it. Not like the space age looking Megaflow units. I was wondering just how efficient the insulation is?

Up to now, I've been using the thermal store with an immersion heater while waiting for the boiler to be hooked -up, now I'm hoping for bath type quantities - it certainly heats up FAST now the Celsius 25 is working!

Any advice would be appreciated - Alan

Sponsored Links
Read the instructions that came with the albion.

most boiler stats shut off at 82degC, so a cyl stat set at 90 would never shut off. turn cyl stat to below 82

Read the instructions that came with the albion.

They are Here if you don't have a copy!

If you have a direct Albion the stat should be set to 75C min, if an indirect Albion set it to 70C min as per page 7 (Acrobat page 8 ).

The hot water to the tap is factory set at 55C at the blending valve.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back