Advice required on Ideal m3080 boiler and Albion cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I am new to this forum and this is my first post - Hi to All,

I have recently purchased a property and have not moved in just yet. The current boiler is an Ideal m3080 with an Albion MFI 25/140 indirect cylinder. Anyone had an experiences with this equipment, are they any good or should i be looking to change? They are both functioning as expected with the limited use we have put them through... is it worth changing?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Surely you would be better off waiting until you have firsthand experience of the current installation before condemning it?

Does it have a current service contract and have you seen the reports? That would give you some clues as to its reliability or would you rather someone on here just says it's crap and then you go out and order a complete installation on the strength of that?

well i would like to give it a shot, but i am having a 32m pipe (external) installed and the guys need to take out the cylinder as that is where the pipe will come into the house. So is it worth spending the money on the plumbers taking out the cylinder and putting it back in, or spend the additional amount to install a new cylinder and boiler. The new cylinder would be too big to fit in the current enclose with the boiler and therefore the boiler would also need to be moved, rather than movie it if the boiler is old (regardless of performing) based on experience would it make sense to change?

Sponsored Links
It's a pity you didn't explain the reason for asking the question in the first place - all you asked was were they any good, not why you might consider changing.

What is the cost of having the cylinder taken out and put back in comparison to the cost of a full installation? I would have thought there would be a considerable difference but you need proper quotes to assess that, not opinions on how your current installation might perform.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back