Alkathene Elbows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, I am currently in the process of building a workshop at the bottom of my garden, it will have running water and electricity. I have the electricity part sorted, but the running water part is causing me some concern. I intend to replace the outside tap with a tee and then take one side off to the workshop (underground) and then use the other side as was intended (an outside tap). The concern that I have, is that i have never used Alkathene before, and although I have purchased the correct copression fittings, and have secured them in place, I am not 100% convinced that they will hold up. I mean I have used compression fittings many times in the past (having just replaced all of my radiator valves), but these Alkathene fitting seem quite different, is there anything that anyone can say to try and set my mind at ease in here?

Sponsored Links
Make sure that you use inserts on all connectioins and you will be fine. What make of fittings have you purchased?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back