All these channel crossers seeking asylum..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It's your credibility that's at stake.
It's obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence what the real situation is about editing posts, which are the edited posts, and which are the original.
Motman accepts that both posts are his. It's just a question about which is the original and which is the subsequent edited post.

I find it hard to believe they would willingly pay 5k or more to be smuggled in to the UK, they must see something i don't. :whistle:

Maybe brexit will put a halt on it. Ironically some people here will probably gladly have to pay to be people smuggled out the UK soon enough when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Sponsored Links
You mean Countyist (y)

Anyway, its like a different country to me. Its separated from me by water and there is a border crossing, by tunnel or bridge.
Not if you go clockwise it's not!

According to the UN charter for refugees, a refugee is supposed to claim refugee status in the first safe country they come to.
If they don't they then lose the right to claim asylum.
Have you read it.
It's a rhetorical question obviously because you can't have.

"There is nothing in international law to say that refugees must claim asylum in the first country they reach."
https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/policy_research/the_truth_about_asylum/facts_about_asylum_-_page_4

So more garbage spouted by wannabe right-wing experts.

The article is a permissive article, not a legislative article, that allows a member country to return an asylum seeker to the first country (it means that a country can choose to follow it, but is not obliged to)
Introduction: International Standards The concept of first country of asylum is defined in Article 26 of the APD: A country can be considered to be a first country of asylum for a particular applicant for asylum if:
(a) s/he has been recognised in that country as a refugee and s/he can still avail him/herself of that protection; or
(b) s/he otherwise enjoys sufficient protection in that country, including benefiting from the principle of non-refoulement; provided that s/he will be re-admitted to that country. In applying the concept of first country of asylum to the particular circumstances of an applicant for asylum Member States may take into account Article 27 (1).
Application in law and practice Belgium and France have not transposed Article 26 in national legislation.
The other surveyed Member States, i.e. Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Spain and the UK have transposed or reflect the concept of the first country of asylum in their respective national laws.
Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Greece and Slovenia do not apply in practice the concept of first country of asylum. All other Member States of focus in this research applied it rarely.
https://www.refworld.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/rwmain/opendocpdf.pdf?reldoc=y&docid=4bab55da2

"In the United Kingdom, the provisions of Section 33 and Schedule 3 of the 2004 Act give power to the Secretary of State to remove an applicant to a ‘safe country’ (which encompasses a ‘first country of asylum’)"
https://www.refworld.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/rwmain/opendocpdf.pdf?reldoc=y&docid=4bab55da2
As France has not encompassed the "first country of asylum" criteria, any avenue of returning asylum seekers to France is not possible under the UN charter.

Perhaps the right-wing legal eagles would like to read and digest the UN charter before claiming some expertise in international law.

Last edited:
You mean Countyist (y)

Anyway, its like a different country to me. Its separated from me by water and there is a border crossing, by tunnel or bridge.

Countyist is just as bad.

Full of Gangsters is Kent...

Have you read it.
It's a rhetorical question obviously because you can't have.

"There is nothing in international law to say that refugees must claim asylum in the first country they reach."
https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/policy_research/the_truth_about_asylum/facts_about_asylum_-_page_4

So more garbage spouted by wannabe right-wing experts.

The article is a permissive article, not a legislative article, that allows a member country to return an asylum seeker to the first country (it means that a country can choose to follow it, but is not obliged to)
Introduction: International Standards The concept of first country of asylum is defined in Article 26 of the APD: A country can be considered to be a first country of asylum for a particular applicant for asylum if:
(a) s/he has been recognised in that country as a refugee and s/he can still avail him/herself of that protection; or
(b) s/he otherwise enjoys sufficient protection in that country, including benefiting from the principle of non-refoulement; provided that s/he will be re-admitted to that country. In applying the concept of first country of asylum to the particular circumstances of an applicant for asylum Member States may take into account Article 27 (1).
Application in law and practice Belgium and France have not transposed Article 26 in national legislation.
The other surveyed Member States, i.e. Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Spain and the UK have transposed or reflect the concept of the first country of asylum in their respective national laws.
Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Greece and Slovenia do not apply in practice the concept of first country of asylum. All other Member States of focus in this research applied it rarely.

Best u read it again "him again"
If you "wannabe" an expert ;)

In any event we are concerned about refugees in the EU

Used to be a poster on here called blightymam she had expert knowledge on asylum / refugees ect

Have not seen her post for a while ;)

Best u read it again "him again"
If you "wannabe" an expert ;)

In any event we are concerned about refugees in the EU

Used to be a poster on here called blightymam she had expert knowledge on asylum / refugees ect

Have not seen her post for a while ;)
As there is no substantive contribution to the discussion, I assume transam's comment is another infanity. Therefore it can be ignored.

Please do not falsify quotes

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back