Allotments

Sponsored Links
Bought some pallet collars for quick, pop-up raised beds. You can stack them up too if you want a higher bed.

IMG_0679.jpeg

These pallet collars are great - a ready made 1200 X 1000 bed. End of the season they fold up for maintenance/storage. I paid £6 each for them. Went and bought 4 more today for that covered bed next to them so 10 in total.

IMG_0705.jpeg

The mother and daughter on the neighbouring plot came over and set up their bunting and flouncy lady scarecrow!

IMG_0712.jpeg

These pallet collars are great - a ready made 1200 X 1000 bed. End of the season they fold up for maintenance/storage. I paid £6 each for them. Went and bought 4 more today for that covered bed next to them so 10 in total.

View attachment 302580

The mother and daughter on the neighbouring plot came over and set up their bunting and flouncy lady scarecrow!

View attachment 302581
That scarecrow is most bodacious - with the hat she reminds me of Lady Rosemary from 'The Herbs'!:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Started my planting out this week. Lettuce, beetroot, leeks, runner beans, sweetcorn, French beans and several types of flowers - Cosmos, Aster & Zinnia.

Painted and sited my pallet collars today. Just gotta add some more liners, mulch in between, fill them with soil and compost then the vegetables can go in.

IMG_0807.jpeg

Looking good! I just built a couple of veg beds our of old pallets. Took some filling!

Just doign some basics this year/stuff I have been given for free. Toms, courgette, marrow and leeks.

I was told to put the leeks in the ground and rather than filling the hole with soil, water it until the soil backfills the hole...supposed to help them grow thick.

I'll let you know how I get on!

I was told to put the leeks in the ground and rather than filling the hole with soil, water it until the soil backfills the hole...supposed to help them grow thick.
I just poked a hole in the ground with my finger, dropped half a dozen onion feed granules in the hole, lowered them in and pinched the sides. They're still alive and growing!

I just poked a hole in the ground with my finger, dropped half a dozen onion feed granules in the hole, lowered them in and pinched the sides. They're still alive and growing!
Nice.

I'll let you know how I am getting on with my mine...they have been in the ground a total of 4 days so far. Not dead yet.

I’m carefully transplanting carrot and parsnip seedlings into my bed in neat rows. It’s precision work - I could do with some tweezers….

Sowed some rainbow chard and some Swedes today.

Nice.

I'll let you know how I am getting on with my mine...they have been in the ground a total of 4 days so far. Not dead yet.
My leeks have had a little growth spurt this last week. How are yours going?

My leeks have had a little growth spurt this last week. How are yours going?
I was literally just out looking at them now. They have had a growth spurt as well. Really looking
forward to them getting thicker (mostly because I am worried about my toddler pulling them out of the ground right now).

Sponsored Links
Back