Anyone know their cucumbers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Recently transferred my cucumber seedlings from the protection of indoors where they had grown in to good strong plants and into the greenhouse in good quality compost bags and now, though still growing, the leaves have gone all limp and lifeless!! Have tried watering but no real change.
Tried opening windows for ventilation - no change
Tried closing windows to keep them warm - no change

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you over water it can be worse than under watering the roots rot. How wet is the compost?.

I had heard that and have tried not to overwater. Have only watered every other day but just in case will not water them for a couple of days and see how they fare.

mine are struggling this year, only one has survived.

Sponsored Links
cucumbers like their moisture. But can't stand it around their stems. As such, you need to make the compost into a mound around the stems. May not fix your problem though.

Did you damage the roots during transplant?

They'll take a good watering when it's warm but be careful when the temperature is down, especially overnight temperatures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back