Alloy tower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l'm looking at hiring alloy full width 1.45m2.5m tower for painting around the outside of the house. It saysin the hire book adjustable locking castors for safety and mobility. Has anyone on here hired these alloy towers before, if you have are they easy to assemble ,easy to move around and safe. What about getting everything level :confused: advice would be great.

Sponsored Links
depends which one it is, but if its likke the ones i have used, its easy, but needs 2 people.

you must put straits on the base and 2 diagonals (you will see when you get it) the wheels are lockable and have adjustable legs. best ask the hire co to show you.

and for ease of use get a stand on board with a tap door

(and dont forget the outriggers)

Sponsored Links
What are outriggers :confused: also l was planning on doing the assembly myself is this possible.

Is there any web sites showing how to assembly these towers......

cmon Ray,
Its lego with sticks, if you get the electricians tower (2" tube easy assembe alloy)
However, see if you can get a quote from a local decorator shouldn't work out too much more than DIY.

you can build these type of tower scaffolds by yourself if you are competent enough but its is easier and safer having two people,but make sure you have 3no platforms and not just two,as i had a disagreement with a hire section of a well known timber merchants because it means you have to try and fly putting up the platforms without anything to stand on.

I suppose it's difficult for those of us with building site experience to realise how problematic it is for tyro's to get a grip on the things we take for granted.
I'm sure there must be vidios on u-tube or similar showing how to do these things, perhaps someone should compile a list.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back