Alpha 240E boiler making loud noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alpha 240E boiler fires up ok but after few seconds (particularly when there demand for DHW and when the flam starts going high) it makes very loud noise. I think the issue is to do with circulation. the bump is going. can someone confirm please.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thanks will try this tomrrow, however, i have already taken off the pump. it is rather strange one because the bottle air vent attached to it.
I have physically and it is rotating freely. how can text it electrically to make sure it ok before I put back?

what do you think the reason for the noise?
take a video of the boiler when making the noise, post on youtube, then post the link on here, we cant just guess what kind of noise it is, old bt reliable boilers, have their faults like everything else but a lot worse out there

I managed replaced the head of the pump with a working second hand head taking from Worcester 28CDi and refitted the whole pump back, the noised has reduced considerably but still, see below link. it gets worse as the boiler get hot and only when there is a demand for DHW when the gas valve modulates and the flam gets higher. it is similar to a helicopter just just about to land.

([URL='https://www.youtube.com/shorts/la57YNvqjFA'](59) Alpha240e noise - YouTube[/URL]

sorry Ian, yes you are right. the DHW tap is next to the boiler in the kitchen. I will try to run the bathroom tap and load another video

I run the bath tap for nearly 5 minutes and the boiler is behaving, no loud noise, it is normal now. I think the problem was with the pump. and the less loud noise I reported yesterday was due to some air trapped in the system which has settled now. however, i will keep monitoring it and update this thread. many thanks to whoever contributed to this thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back