alpha 240e boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can any one help . i have a alpha 240e boiler which as stopped working . all the lights are on but the c/h or h/w dont work. there is no noise of gas or water being pulled through the boiler. i think it might be the circuit board . if any 1 agree's do u no how much and where i can get 1. thanks for any help as i'm frickin freezing brrrr lol.

Sponsored Links
First thing to check is power to pump and if its running. This is the first thing to activate after you turn your htg or hw on.

First thing to check is power to pump and if its running. This is the first thing to activate after you turn your htg or hw on.
thanks i have checked this and there is power . i'm still with out h/w and c/h please any more addvise ??

i have check power to pump and yes there is power , please any more advice would be appreciated . as i'm still without h/w and c/h ?? .

Sponsored Links
does the pump run and operate flow sensor

PUMP runs operates microswitch in divertor section bringing on fan, fan makes air pressure switch boiler comes on, alphas get little noddules building up on the venturi by the fan that stops the correct airflow to pressure switch so it may be this.
Get somebody tha knows out to have a look

i've tried all this . i'm still having trouble . still no h/w or c/h . my friend used to work with british gas he is not familiar with the alpha 240e . he seem's to think circuit board . i dont want to fork out couple of hundred pound for no reason . any more advice would be appreciated .

how far through the sequence, as described by namsag, does the boiler go

the orange light did come on and the pump kicked in but no h/w and c/h . but now there is no light at all . the pump sounds for a short while . but nothing .i am desperate pls help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back