Alpha 240E boiler doesn't spark.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alpha 240E boiler suddenly stopped working today. When I try to turn the boiler on,the fan works. The air switch is working as well, but there are no sparks at the electrode. The pump works. The pressure is fine. I was going to change the electrides and the HT leads and if necessary, the pcb. Is this the best way or am I missing something. Any suggestions wellcome before I spend a lot of money. Thanks Ravi

Sponsored Links
Check connections, and - from the manual
Ign. PCB - M2 connector,
is 240 V across terminals 3, 6

Hi Chris,
I don't have a manual. I have looked at the block M2 and it has four wires, Blue, Brown, Red and yellow. There is no 3 or 6. Please help.
Thanks. Ravi

Hi Chris,
I have downloaded a manual, and the M2 you describe is on the Alpha 240P. Ob Alpha 240E, the Mr has two wires which go to the gas valve, one wire to the reset switch and one to the flame sensor. I have checked the wires to the gas valve and this has no voltage. I have also checked the M1 and again no voltage. Any suggestions?
Thanks Ravi

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,
There is a 240v supply on the ignition pcb, and the air switch neon stays off. According to the manual, it says that if this is the case, then I should change the pcb. Do you agree with this or in your experience it could be something else. Thank you Ravi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back