Alpha 240e whine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Has anyone come across this problem. It's a high pitched whine when
the boiler's approaching temperature and it's not the pump or fan bearings.

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
had a few of these that as they get up to temp make a droning sound, both occassions replacement of the aav did the trick, if that is the problem in your case the sound will becoming from the righthand side of your boiler, other reasons on other boilers can be swollen o rings on divertor valve which was sometimes due to problems with certain brands of inhibator, system debris inside the boiler could be at fault, sometimes on new boilers when you get high pitched sound you have to slacken of nuts on parts inside the boiler and gentley retighten, however as your boiler is coming to temp is there a kettling sound coming from heat exchanger? sounds like a job for an RGI as you don't want to be poking around inside the boiler, have you had anywork done to the system recently?

How have you eliminated the fan and pump?

Could be the burner injector has worn. You need to gas rate the appliance to check.

had a few of these that as they get up to temp make a droning sound, both occassions replacement of the aav did the trick......

Hello
The systems full and clean and the automatics working ok, I'm leaning towards the diverter assembly, maybe worn or something?

Thanks for your help
cheers

Sponsored Links
How have you eliminated the fan and pump?

Could be the burner injector has worn. You need to gas rate the appliance to check.

Hello
Because I've changed both, I'll gas rate it today but you'd think
if it was a worn injector it would be a problem on full demand and not
when it's nearing temp and racking back wouldn't you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back