alpha 240x combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
why do all my radiators get warm when i'm running the domestic hot tap,and the boiler is set for water only

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve has stuck open on ch side so water passes to rads and plate heat exchanger at the same time instead of just plate heat exchanger.

New dv needed. Very common.

Don't know really. Paul on here may have one if he comes on today, or try googling it ;)

Sponsored Links
put email address in profile and you will get one.

it's quite a technical job servicing the DV.

There are two service kits a primary one which you definately need, if you shop around you can get it for £30 plus vat, and a secondary one which you may aswell install at the same time shop around price £19 plus vat. Additionally a few seals fibre washers required, and a lot of common sense and pre assumed ability and knowledge before I could even begin to talk you through it..

Most DIYers and many professionals would normally replace the whole diverter valve.

I cleaned out one for a friend and after all that although better it was still passing to the rads.

Now his boiler is so much better he does not want me to replace it!

Tony

Thanks all for the info, I am a retired marine electrical engineer.
I just moved and inherited this boiler but there was no info with it, but understand D/V is a common fault with this model. If i decide to change boiler, any recommendations for trouble free units to exchange with.

No boiler manufacturer will be 'trouble free' completely :rolleyes: Others are less trouble than most. Try looking at Vaillant Ecotec Plus range or the new Broag range has a good pedigree.

Here's the domestic section service kit going cheap (ebay #270125034915), you just have to get the primary part.

Just clean everything and renew all parts provided in the service kit. Quite achievable for someone of your background.

Sometimes the primary side of diverter valve comes up on ebay brand new.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back