Alpha 240X

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Alpha 240X is playing up. When you first turn on a HW tap, the boiler will ignite and heat the water. After a couple of minutes the gas goes off, and won't go back on until the water cools and you shut off the tap. Much the same with the Central heating.

I recently changed the thermocouple and made sure interrupter was properly seated.

I'm thinking the overheat thermostat, anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be an intermittant flow thermister (on the left) going open circuit at a particular temperature. As soon as the burner cuts out turn off the boiler and check the sensor resistance.

Sponsored Links
Could be an intermittant flow thermister (on the left) going open circuit at a particular temperature. As soon as the burner cuts out turn off the boiler and check the sensor resistance.

That can be difficult to do.

If you had the technical competence its better to monitor the current thought the sensor and see if it stops at the cut off point.

However, I would be seriously suspecting the pcb after checking all the other periferals were OK.

Tony

Hi

Thanks for the great responses.

Is the intermittent flow thermistor the same as the Primary temp. sensor? About 5 inches below the overheat stat?

Regards

Update

Turns out it was the primary heat exchanger - as per the 1st response. Many thanks all

Sunny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back