Alpha boiler stopped working

Hpd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alpha CD30s

Neon light B is flashing, and the manual says that’s the Overheat Thermostat.

I’ve tested it for continuity and it seems fine. Also tested the temperature sensor and flue sensor both seem fine. Anyone got any other suggestions? Perhaps it’s the PCB?

Sponsored Links
Should add the the pump and fan both come on but then nothing happens and the light flashes

Perhaps you shouldn't be messing with a gas appliance or seeking advice where rules don't permit gas advice in an open public forum.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hpd
Perhaps you shouldn't be messing with a gas appliance or seeking advice where rules don't permit gas advice in an open public forum.

My first post here was about an Ocean Alpha 240p combi. I was given the answer to the problem that I had.

The OP is testing sensors, he doesn't seem to be touching the gas side. I don't see an issue.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Alpha CD30s

Neon light B is flashing, and the manual says that’s the Overheat Thermostat.

I’ve tested it for continuity and it seems fine. Also tested the temperature sensor and flue sensor both seem fine. Anyone got any other suggestions? Perhaps it’s the PCB?

I am neither a plumber or electrician, but I think you need to test the resistance of the overheat sensor rather than just confirming continuity.

• Thanks
I am neither a plumber or electrician, but I think you need to test the resistance of the overheat sensor rather than just confirming continuity.
Thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention I did also test this and it was 0.1 which I believe means it’s good

How much does a new overheat sensor cost?
About £40 I think. Worth a go? Just wondered if there are any other suggestions to check first.

Also yeah I have no intention of going near the gas side

About £40 I think. Worth a go? Just wondered if there are any other suggestions to check first.

Also yeah I have no intention of going near the gas side

Wait until one of the qualified people respond. If it were a tenner, I would say go for it.

• Thanks
overheat sensor on top of heat exchanger then its a new heat exchanger as the part is not available so it would be more cost effective to change the boiler

• Thanks
The OP is testing sensors, he doesn't seem to be touching the gas side. I don't see an issue.
Flue sensor and mention of PCB, so can be gas related. Also some covers form part of the combustion circuit, not chamber but circuit, so air side, which can all form part of gas work. Gas work as defined in the regulations doesn't mean just breaking into a gas supply or touching gas side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back