Room sealed chamber panel removal Alpha CB28x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need some guidance for an Alpha CB28x.

I need to remove the room sealed chamber front panel to replace the Primary Temp Sensor but is won't budge.

The current sensor has a cold resistance of 48Kohm and a hot resistance of 120Kohm. The Alpha manual for this boiler indicates that cold it should be 12-14K and hot approx 3K, the replacement part (1.015970) I have has the values indicated by Alpha.

Other symptoms;
LED (Neon) B blinks every 5 seconds (manual says temp sensor fault)
The fan spins up and is ok
The pump spins up and is ok
Overheat thermostat has continuity

I have access to the panel and have removed the 4 screws that are in each corner and the big one in the center but the panel won't budge. I've inspected the edges of the panel where I can and can see no other fixings that might hold it in place. Before I use any force to attempt to remove it I though I'd ask on here for any advise.

Thanks for any help you maybe able to give..

Sponsored Links
Join the private room 'combustion chamber' by emailing admin your gas safe register number and we'll be able to help you.

If you aren't a competent rgi then you Wont find any help on this matter as it can lead to leaving very unsafe situations.

Join the private room 'combustion chamber' by emailing admin your gas safe register number and we'll be able to help you.

If you aren't a competent rgi then you Wont find any help on this matter as it can lead to leaving very unsafe situations.

Thanks for the advise, if its at this stage I have to get a Gas Safe engineer involved I will do.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Yes you need an RGI to open the combustion chamber and test the boiler after refitting it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back