Alpha CB50 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Firstly - I am not looking at doing tips work myself, we have a BG plan.

Our CB50 is showing a Temperature Sensor Fault, and the symptom is that we are only getting HW from the storage cylinder, when it is gone it takes a while to get back up to heat - the combi part is not kicking in. Looking through the installation manual, it has two sensors, one on the tank and one in the room sealed chamber and it says that the sensors are the same.

All I am asking is if these are generic sensors or special Alpha sensors - ie will the BG engineer have it in his van or at the depot - and won't be a special order as we have been caught by this before :( with this boiler?

Cheers

Bob

Sponsored Links
He might have the sensors in his van, I carry some alpha sensors but I don't know if they would fit your boiler.
If he doesnt have them they are usually available next day unless they are, as you say, special order, then it might take up to 10 days to get them.

I have found some on ebay and also Amazon - might order them so we don't get stuck having to wait in again for another day

Thanks for the feedback twgas

Sponsored Links
Firstly some of those parts on Ebay are copy parts and not genuine Alpha parts!

Secondly, why have a BG cover plan and what to buy parts yourself?

I don't currently think that a sensor has failed anyway!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back