Alpha boilers - are they all this bad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a CB24 for around 4 and a half years. After 18 months it died completely due to the electronic clock failing. Last year the pcb failed and cost me over £150 to fix. It has recently failed for the third time and decided it will only do hottish water when the boiler is actually firing with the central heating on and I have the tap turned on at the right amount and the heating set to 8 or 9 if I want anything other than tepid water. :(

Anyone else got an alpha boiler that has failed more times than this?! Is this par for the course for alpha boilers/other makes? I notice their website is full of great claims to reliability so if I ever see an advert in print I'd be tempted to complain to the ASA :evil:

Are there any proper stats out there showing boiler reliability/owner experiences like the JD Power survey or similar? If not, how do we start one?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back